Sunday, March 20, 2011

Upcoming Programs

I haven't blogged much recently -- I guess I could put it down to practicing simplicity. But life just gets in the way sometimes.

Three programs are coming up which might be of interest.
__________
On Saturday, March 26, I am leading a Quiet Day at The Church of the Transfiguration in New York City ("The Little Church Around the Corner"), from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm. I will be preaching there on Sunday Morning, March 27. The writeup:

"Why God? Beyond Guilt, Sin and the New Atheism"
We will examine two contemporary objections to belief in God: that the universe is impossibly large for a personal deity, and that belief is a need generated by neurobiological function. We will look to the Early Church for an alternative belief system that makes sense for us today.
_______________
On Wednesday evening, March 30, I will be leading a program on lectio divina at St. Ignatius of Antioch Church in New York City, beginning at 7:00 pm.
__________
From Thursday, March 31 to Sunday, April 3 I will be helping to lead a Benedictine Experience for the Friends of St. Benedict in the Washington, D.C. area. The retreat will be at Roslyn Conference Center in Richmond, VA. I will be talking about the family structures of late Roman antiquity as a cultural background to the Rule of Benedict, exploring how Benedictine communitarian ideals attract people in the present day.

1 comment:

Jeff Lowry said...

Br. Adam,

Hope your Quiet Day and presentations go well! Glad you blogged -miss it when you take a long break.

Peace,
Jeff Lowry, a/O.H.C.